Our pedicure course is a great foundation training course for anyone interested in becoming a beauty therapist or nail technician. We cover the technique for performing a basic pedicure as well as detailing the steps for spa pedicure, mini pedicure and male pedicure.
There are so many benefits to healthy nails and cuticles. A pedicure is a relaxing and pampering treatment which is enjoyed by many clients and will have them returning week after week. This is also the foundation course to allow you to go on to do gel polish treatments.
Treatments covered include cuticle maintenance, nail shaping, foot soaks, exfoliation, masks, massage, nail polish application including French polish and special treatments such as, paraffin wax and hot oil treatments.
You will receive full support and mentoring throughout the duration of your course and after your training.
GTi Pedicure Course
Accredited with the Guild of Beauty Therapists
GTi Award. This is a professional, fully insurable qualification.
Guild Of Beauty Therapists
Introduction, Reception, Consultation & Ventilation.
Anatomy & Physiology
Contra-actions and Contra-indications
Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
All products and tools will be provided for you to use during your practical training.
6 hours, This is completed online at your own pace prior to practical training.
8 hours. This includes an examination at Shade.Beauty Training Academy.
A model is required with product-free, natural nails to work on during the practical training.
Please note, the number of theory and practical hours required to complete this course as stated above are provided as a guideline only. The actual number of theory hours required will vary depending on the speed at which you learn. The number of practical hours may vary depending on learning speed and class size.
How to Enrol
1) Contact us on 07545 967803, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on one of our social media sites to book your course date and arrange payment.
2) You'll receive an activation email within 24 hours of course payment which will contain a link to access the online theory learning material.
3) If you are not a member of the guild, you will need to register with them as a student member, this comes with a £25.00 fee and gives you a 3 month student membership. You will not need to pay this fee again if you are completing more than one course during that 3 month period.
4) You will need to complete GTi's Professional Standards for Therapists course. This is a free online course and will give you a GTi awarded qualification at the end. This only needs to be completed once.
5) You will then work through each online, interactive module, each with a short exam at the end of each module. You will need a minimum of 70% to pass each module. Don't panic though! If you fail a module, you are able to retake it as many times as you need to and remember, we are here to help with any questions or additional support you need!
6) Once you reach the last module, you'll be asked to book your practical training and assessment. All you need to do is send that code to us in an email or through our social media messenger. This is the code we need to pass you once you have attended the practical session.
7) Lastly, you attend your practical session on the date arranged! Once that's complete, we'll send your code to the Guild of Beauty Therapists, where you'll receive your certificate, which is accessed online via your training portal to print off and display. Alternatively, you can purchase this directly with the guild for a small fee.
How soon after enrolling can I start the course?
Once you have enrolled on the course and paid the course fee, you will have instant access to the online learning portal, which means you can start learning straight away.
How long will it take me to complete the course?
The time it takes for you to complete the course will depend on how quickly you learn as an individual, and how many hours you spend on it a day.
Is there a time limit on completing the course?
No. There is no limit on how long it takes to complete the course. It can all be done in your own time and to fit around your busy lifestyle. However, the online modules will need to be completed prior to the practical training.
What support is available to me while completing the course?
We offer full support and mentoring throughout all of our courses both during and after qualifying. Please don't struggle without asking for help! If you don't understand something in the online modules, need a little an extra explanation on how something works or have just a general question when you've completed the course and are out working in the real world, we are just a phone call, email or social media message away. Any advice or help needed is here for you so please take advantage of that!
Do I need anything special on my computer?
You will need to have a modern web browser. You can use any modern, well-know browser on any device (e.g. Phone, computer, laptop or tablet).
Is the course accredited?
Yes! It is accredited with the Guild of Beauty Therapists. It will give you a professional, fully insurable qualification. So once you complete the course and have bought insurance, you can start working on clients straight away!
How will the course be marked?
Following each of the online modules, you will be given an examination. Each module requires a pass rate of 70%.
Am I allowed to refer to textbooks or notes during the examination?
No. You are expected to complete all online modules under exam conditions, without referring to any notes, textbooks or online help.
What if I fail a module?
If you fail a module, you will have the opportunity to re-take the module twice. If you fail these attempts, we will get in contact with you to give you help and guidance before making a final attempt at the module.
Do I need to complete any paperwork?
No. All online modules are completed online and a record of your results will be displayed on your login area of the Beauty Guild website.
What will I receive when I complete the course?
You will receive a GTi certificate, which you can download for free on successful completion of the course. If you wish to purchase the certificate, there will be an admin and postage fee of £15+VAT made payable to the Beauty Guild.